Skilled Nursing In A Bay-Side Setting.
The best care, in our own community, and right at your fingertips.
Panoramic views surrounded by exceptional care: that’s one way to describe skilled nursing at Westminster-Canterbury. Many on the expert staff at our Virginia Beach Life Plan Community come from some of the best hospitals and nursing homes in the region, and many others have built their careers and reputations right here in the community.
There’s a reason why residents and their families always tell us how much they appreciate the kindness, expertise and compassion of our skilled nurses, and the engaging atmosphere of our Hoy Center health care program: It’s our unique, person-centric approach to skilled nursing care we call the Lighthouse Engagement Model™.
The Lighthouse Engagement Model™ ensures that everyone here–whether they are the person receiving care or the person providing it—is valued as the unique individual they are, and for the unique contributions they make to our community by being part of it.
Our special brand of Lighthouse Engagement Model™ skilled nursing care is guided by six essential Beacons:
- Life affirming environment—that’s inviting, homelike, personalized, with natural sunlight and access to the outdoors and fresh air.
- Innovative technology and care processes that foster well-being—and add excitement and energy to each day while ensuring best practices.
- Gratifying experiences in a setting that enriches daily living—serving as the all-natural, non-medicinal antidotes to health-harming loneliness and depression that are increasingly common risks as we age.
- Harnessing the power of person, family, and community partnership and engagement—tapping into intimate, one-on-one relationships for support from the people who know each resident best.
- Team-centric culture—tapping into the unlimited power of combined strengths and shared learning, communication and problem-solving.
- Supporting individualized choices—because residents who are free to exercise control over their life and care, and live according to their own preferences and schedules, are empowered and happier.
Our results are measurable:
Since implementing our Lighthouse Engagement Model™, our long-term care residents have experienced an 8.9% reduction in the need for anti-anxiety or mood enhancing medications, and an 18.9% reduction in agitated or aggressive behaviors. Among our short-term care residents, they have enjoyed an 8.2% reduction in the severity of pain experienced during their rehabilitation.
At Westminster-Canterbury, we appreciate the mind-body connection, and take an individualized, holistic approach to skilled nursing care and aging in the best ways possible.
Call 800-753-2918 or visit Westminster-Canterbury today.
Come see why we’re the retirement community of choice.